The first Alberta School Week (Education Week) was held December 2–8, 1928. Its purpose then, as now, is to call attention to the importance of education and to show the public the good things happening in Alberta schools.
Education Week is an excellent opportunity to advocate for public education and to:
- Illustrate the important role that schools play in communities;
- assure taxpayers that public funds are being put to good use;
- invite the public into classrooms for first-hand experiences;
- highlight the partnership between teachers, parents and students;
- demonstrate the important leadership role that the teaching profession plays in student learning;
- and celebrate the contribution that all staff and volunteers make in the school.
Learning is a Journey
Education week is a great time to celebrate teachers’ proud legacy in public education and work toward an inspired future that includes the following:
- Optimal learning conditions for every child
- Creative and innovative learning programs
- Students who enjoy learning and who achieve their learning goals
- Parents and communities that are involved and supportive of learning
- School leaders who are also teachers
- A well-thought out curriculum delivered by well-prepared professionals
- Opportunities for teachers to continue developing their skills as professionals
Click on image to download a pdf to print or right click on image and select save image as to share.
Twitter / Facebook
1200 x 630
1080 x 1080