The Alberta Teachers' Association, as the professional organization of teachers, promotes and advances public education, safeguards standards of professional practice and serves as the advocate for its members.
As part of the TES Team, this position provides secretarial services to staff, is responsible for supporting a number of programs and initiatives, assists in maintaining and managing information, and completes special projects and other duties as assigned.
Specific duties include:
- Answering and screening phone calls- from members who have questions or need to update their information.
- Updating information for all members in the database including subgroups, schools, school divisions, life members and non-life pensioners.
- Investigating and correcting membership type errors for the purpose of generating an accurate member count report.
- Helping to create, produce, proofread, edit, package and distribute materials for committees, conferences, presentations, meetings, workshops and other Teacher Employment Services events.
- Communicating with internal and external stakeholders to resolve member information issues or to request payment of outstanding membership dues (eg, school division payroll departments).
- Maintaining accurate files, databases and records. Maintains Association standards in the production of documents and materials.
- Producing reports and other information, as required.
- Opens incoming mail and actions accordingly.
- Completion of a post-secondary diploma education in a related field;
- A minimum of five year’s administrative experience with demonstrated accuracy in keyboarding, proofreading, spelling, punctuation and grammar;
- Experience dealing with difficult and sensitive situations and the ability to maintain confidentiality;
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills including the ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships with others;
- Ability to multi-task and effectively prioritize work assignments as well as work well under pressure within tight, conflicting timelines;
- Intermediate abilities in the use of Microsoft Word and PowerPoint is required;
- Experience with Alinity is an asset; and
- Bilingual in both written and spoken French and English is an asset.
Salary: This position offers a competitive starting annual salary of $52,597 plus a full range of employer-paid benefits.
Hours of Work: 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Work Location: Barnett House (11010 142 Street NW), Edmonton.
HOW TO APPLY: Submit a cover letter and resume in one attachment along with the names and telephone numbers of two business references should be addressed to Tetiana Hlus, HR Administrator and emailed to HR@ata.ab.ca by 4:00 pm on Thursday, October 6, 2022.
The Alberta Teachers’ Association thanks all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.