The Alberta Teachers' Association (ATA) is proud to be one of Alberta’s Top Employers for 2022. As the professional organization of teachers, the ATA promotes and advances public education, safeguards standards of professional practice and serves as the advocate for its members.
Reporting to Team Lead, Solutions Architecture, the Junior Cloud Solutions Analyst works in a team to develop and maintain cloud infrastructure and web-based solutions to meet the business needs of the Association and its’ members. Specific responsibilities include:
- Support the configuration, maintenance, and optimization of the ATA’s cloud infrastructure including Azure, M365, Teams, and SharePoint Online environments
- Build and maintain web-based solutions using SharePoint, ASP.Net, Drupal and other cloud technologies
- Use the Microsoft Power Platform, SharePoint Online, Teams and related technologies to modernize and automate business processes and workflows
- Implement and maintain user authentication and authorization using AD and Azure AD
- Support the education of end users on the use of the Power Platform and related technologies; and
- Conduct requirements analysis and document solution designs as required
Formal educational requirements
- Certificate or diploma in computing technology or a related field
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology or a related field is an asset
- Being a Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert and/or having cloud-related certification are assets
Software experience in one or more of the following:
- Experience building/configuring Azure infrastructure (SaaS, PaaS and IaaS) such as Azure apps, Virtual machines, Storage, Databases and Security
- Experience configuring / maintaining SharePoint environments (on-prem and/or online)
- Experience with Active Directory and identity management
- Experience developing web solutions in ASP.Net (C#) and / or Drupal (php)
- Experience using the Power Platform including Power Apps and Power Automate
Familiarity with modern software development practices
- Source control
- CI/CD deployment pipelines
- Automated testing
- REST APIs
Familiarity with Microsoft development tools
- Visual Studio / VS Code
- TFS / Azure DevOps
- Effectively prioritize and execute tasks to meet project timelines
- Work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
Salary: This position offers a competitive starting salary of $66,764 to a maximum of $84,157 depending on experience, plus a full range of employer-paid benefits.
Hours of Work: 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
Work Location: Barnett House (11010 142 Street NW), Edmonton.
Note: The ATA is a values diversity, inclusion and provides professional development and on-site career growth to all staff. In addition to the salary scale listed above, opportunities exist for successful candidates to grow with our ITS Team into higher paid positions. We offer a great working environment, an in-house cafeteria, free parking, and above average benefits.
HOW TO APPLY: Submit a cover letter and resume in one attachment along with the names and telephone numbers of two business references should be addressed to Connor Poon, HR Administrator and emailed to HR@ata.ab.ca. This posting will remain active until the position has been filled.
The Alberta Teachers’ Association thanks all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.